
Yes, I am a self proclaimed nerd. I know it and I have been for a long time. So much so that I remember being obsessed with English history, especially that of the Tudor family, since the days of middle school. At one time, I read as much as I could get my little hands on about King Henry VIII and his family. What can I say? The man absolutely fascinates me. A man who changed history, created the Church of England, the most notable divorce of the time, and killed his wives when they displeased him. Wow, utterly revolutionary. The King's word was the law, women used for political and pleasurable pawns in a wicked game of advancement, and how people gained favor of a King, it just amazes me.
When I found out that Showtime was making a series about the Tudors, I could not wait to watch them on DVD. Alas, I just finished season 3 and it was a good one. As I was watching them, I sat on my couch Googling various people that I wanted to know more about as I can come up with a million questions of who, what, when, and where. If you are remotely interested in English history, I highly recommend the series. Word of warning, while the language isn't too bad, there is a lot of nudity and a lot of blood and guts.
Traitor's Gate at the London Tower...the gate that Anne Boleyn went through for her stay in the London Tower before being beheaded.
An outer rampart and apartments.
Below: The White Hall
1 comment:
I LOVE this show. Yes, yes I do. If Henry looked like that, I would have married him in an instant -- even knowing I might lose my head.
Post a Comment