
Aww...Monday, how I dread thee, but alas, you always arrive much too soon. So what would a Monday be without something going wrong. Thus, I bring you the rip heard round the world.
This morning I got dressed in a black V-neck cashmere sweater and some awesome black and white herringbone pants from Ann Taylor Loft. I love this little outfit of mine, it is timelessly chic and a no brainer on a Monday morning. One of my favorite things about the herringbone pants is that they are a wool blend and are lined so that you do not feel itchy all day long. I love lining in pants, is just makes you feel all dressed up and ready to face the work day. I digress.
So I get in the car and drive Elizabeth to school. As I am taking her out of her car seat, I accidentally drop her school bag on the pavement. So I squat (I hate that word but there is none other better to use) down to pick it up and as I do so, I hear this really loud RRRRIIIIIPPPP.... My first thought: Was that me? It had to have been, because I felt it too. Oh no, did I just split the back seam of my pants that do fit me by the way? I immediately drop the bag into the car and reach around to feel if my tushy is hanging out for all to see. After ascertaining that my pants were still sewn together properly, I felt the lining hanging loosely in the seat of my pants. Aww...man, why did that have to happen to this pair of pants. Are they fixable? Yes. Will I actually do it? No. Do the pants fit a little more comfortably now? Kind of. Was I embarrassed? You betcha! Am I even more embarrassed that I had to ask Elizabeth's teacher to check out my butt to make sure the pants seam had not stretched out and was noticeable? Oh yeah. Good times. And all of this happened before 7:30 AM.
How was your Monday?
6 comments:
Last week our building was burning up. The week before that, it was freezing. Yesterday we were back to freezing so I wore my beautiful, winter-white wool coat most of the day. Like herringbone pants, there's just something classic about a winter-white coat. I love mine and I got it at an incredible price but that's not the point. I had it on most of the day yesterday. At some point, I reached my arms around in some awkward way and ended up splitting the seam of the lining. Phooey! At first I was afraid I had actually ripped the coat but no, just the lining. Disappointing nonetheless. Then, on the way home, I somehow got mud on it! I guess a trip to the cleaners is inevitable. Maybe they can fix that lining!
Oh man! That is a real bummer -- but it could have been worse (X-rated)! I bet a handy tailor can stitch that lining back in no time. It's probably worth it if you love the pants that much.
Justin split his pants once at work (he will kill me dead for telling on him) and took care of it with a stapler. Classy. :)
If it makes you feel any better, you picked the appropriate day for a wardrobe malfunction. As I was reading this last night, Jimmy was at his computer reading me random bits of news - did you know that yesterday was the 6th anniversary of THE infamous wardrobe malfunction. Just thought that made it all the more funny.
Katy - staples?! That's genius! :)
See, Sara proved my point. You could have pulled a Janet, which would have been much worse!!
I do love wool pants with lining... you hit the nail on the head when you said that you feel all dressed up! Keep wearing the pants and no one will know your little secret (except all your blog followers!).
I do love wool pants with lining... you hit the nail on the head when you said that you feel all dressed up! Keep wearing the pants and no one will know your little secret (except all your blog followers!).
Post a Comment