Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago at this very moment, I was spending my last few precious moments with my loving husband. I was tired, full from eating a huge dinner, aching, sick of being on bed rest, and scared out of my mind. I remember feeling so loved by my husband and dogs and thinking all of this is about to change. Everything after tonight will be changed forever. Will I like it? Will I know me any longer? What kind of relationship am I going to have with my husband? How am I going to THAT going to come out of my body? Oy veh! So many questions...

....and a year later, so many answers. Not only do I like it, I love being a parent. Yep, I know that it hasn't really gotten tough yet, but I love my little girl more than I could have ever thought possible. And yes, I do know me--in a whole new way and it has been so good for me. As for the relationship with my husband--it has evolved into an even more beautiful marriage. He is a true partner, help mate, friend, Daddy, and my love. A girl couldn't ask for anything more. And well, THAT didn't actually come out of my body the traditional way, so that is that. Instead, I had the horrid experience of major abdominal surgery and the the pain that would not go away. Not fun kids. But you know what? I would do it again--but only once more.


This is the amazing face I get to see every morning when I get out bed. I am blessed to be her Mommy.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Such an adorable little face - Happy, happy birthday sweet girl!

katy said...

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth.
And happy anniversary of becoming a mother -- the hardest job there is. Little Elizabeth is so lucky to have you. :)

ladybug said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday, My Sweet Elizabeth! We are truly blessed to have you in our family! God only knows how much joy and love you bring your MiMi and PawPaw! We Love You!!!

MiMi & PawPaw

Alissa said...

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth! Hope you guys have a super fun celebration!

lacy said...

ah yay happy birthday!