I think aliens have kidnapped my husband! Well, maybe not quite that extreme, but I have to share what his new OBSESSION is all about. HGTV. Yep,it is official, he is obsessed.
A couple of weeks ago, Sean went to play in the woods, and while there, our friend Greg’s mom was at the ranch too. At the ranch Mrs. T was watching HGTV and thanks to her, my husband is now glued, to HGTV. Over the weekend we watched I do not know how many episodes of House Hunters, My First Sale, and My First Place. And to be honest with you, it truly is addicting. It is not only entertaining but you can get so involved with the people on the show. There was a time or two in there that we were both calling the people on the show a moron. Yep, we are those people, we talk to the TV.
But for Sean, he takes it to a whole new level. He is watching all of these shows about remodeling, gutting the inside of the house and re-doing it, and other assorted things. It has given him ideas. Scary ideas. Why so scary? Because he talks about what he would like to do and this is what I hear: $ $ $ $ $..... While his ideas and thoughts sound awesome, the dollar signs are still there for me--dollars that we do not have at the moment. But you know something, one day, just maybe we’ll have that money and all that HGTV watching will pay off as we will know exactly what we want. So until then, I support you husband…and your addiction.

3 comments:
It's important, in this time of crisis, to know that you are not alone. We survived an HGTV addiction in my house, and have lived to tell about it. But girlfriend, it was ugly for a while there.
Now he's addicted to Overhaulin' and I'm addicted to Cake Boss, and so together we want to steal an Italian Cream cake and replace the cream cheese frosting with hand-painted racing stripes and flame thrower exhaust.
*Sigh.*
How funny! I am an HGTV fan too...I love House Hunters International. Except it does nothing to help my wanderlus - only exacerbates it! I watch those people move to some far away land and start dreaming of how I could make that happen. Thankfully (?), I was graced with a healthy dose of reality and too much fear to take that size of a risk.
I'm a proud HGTV addict! Sean and I would get along famously because, like Sean, I'm always dreaming up ways of remodeling the current house. And if we don't get the new house built soon, I'll have it completely redesigned before we even start.
Post a Comment