Friday, March 4, 2011

Jeans Friday

I thankfully work for a company that let’s its employees wear jeans on Friday.  Now, I do not actually have a code of dress handbook (nor have ever seen one either) but from what I understand is that you should dress appropriately in your jeans.  Basically, you substitute your normal work pants for denim.  Unfortunately, this does not happen nearly as much as it should and people break that lovely understood dress code all the time.  So what is appropriate?  I’ll show you….

This top from Banana Republic is rocking my little world.  It is beyond feminine with the ruffle detail along the neckline and is just a classic striped shirt.  Fresh for spring too—roll the sleeves up for a more casual look, or keep them down for a more polished look.



Wide leg jeans!  Can you hear me singing the “Halleluiah” chorus from here?  While skinny jeans are still all over the market place, I am happy to see the re-emergence of the wide leg jean….a jean that most of America can actually wear…including me.  This Hudson jean is a little extreme on the wide leg, but it balances out the shirt nicely (wear tucked in).  Wide leg jeans are meant to be worn long…as in almost covering your foot!


Don’t forget your belt.  When you tuck this in, you want your outfit to look complete.  The belt completes the outfit.



I choose not to over accessorize.  No necklace as your shirt adds enough detail. If you feel the need for something around your neck, be sure it is a delicate chain with a samill pendant.  Below we have simple stud pearl earrings—a staple in any classic woman’s style wardrobe.

To spice up this outfit, I choose a pearl ring with a twist!  Wear it on any finger, but I like it especially on the pointer finger for a little whimsy.

And shoes….camel or nude shoes are a must in your closet. The color lengthens your leg and will give you some height which you will need to pull off these pants. Another shoe would be a platform or an espadrille for this look. I tend to go with a chunkier shoe with wide leg pants as you would get lost otherwise. No flats!

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love! You brought a tear to my eye. I too am singing the hallelujah chorus.
Angela

katy said...

I want this whole ensemble!
Just one problem:
I look like a total douche when I tuck my shirt in. Can you help me with that?

katy said...

Sorry for saying douche.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I'm with Katy - somehow I just don't look right when I tuck my shirt in. Just doesn't work for me. But I love the idea! Great outfit!!

Summer Says... said...

I thought I commented the other day...I'm a non-tucker too. I just can't pull off the look. But I love the ensemble and noticed that Cosmo had a very similar look in this month's issue.