Monday, February 28, 2011

The Oscars Red Carpet 2011

The Academy Awards red carpet did not disappoint me this year.  There were plenty of beauties to choose from.  I love the fact that everyone seem to have perfect make up and hair to go with their dress this year.  Sometimes, some only get one or two right, but miss that essential third that just makes the look pop.  I am happy to see that there was a lot of pop on the red carpet.  Enjoy!


Oh Natalie, our Best Actress winner, you just do it right.  Glowing in all of your pregnant glory, this color and Rodarte dress just sparkles against your skin.  Thank you for the gorgeous, classic style.

Haylee Steinfeld in Marchesa.  Excellent and an age appropriate choice—she dazzled and I can not wait to see how this young actress will bloom.


Hello Gorgeous Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang!  There was a ton of red on the red carpet this year and I for one am not complaining.  There is nothing sexier or more eye catching than this hue of red on Sandra.  The only thing I did not like was the big huge bow type thing on her tushy.  It was almost there….But Sandy, how you shine.


Anne Hathaway in Valentino.  Our hostess with the mostess showed what she had on stage last night, but let her fashion flag fly on the red carpet before the curtains went up.  Always a sizzler in red.


Golden Mandy Moore in L’ren Scott looked absolutely classically divine in this gold dress.  This dress was old school Hollywood at it’s best and definitely made my list this year.  This was one of the first dresses that made the list for me.


First on the red carpet last night, Jennifer Lawrence has never made a simple Calvin Klein red hot dress more sexy.  If I had a body like that, I would wear this dress every stinkin’ day!  Wowza!


Nicole Kidman in Christian Dior.  To be honest with you, I have a love hate relationship with this dress.  It is gorgeous and I really like the detailed embroidery.  However, talk about something that is not at all flattering around the hips…well, this is it.  I have to say, I like the pop of color she added with the red shoe though.  But then again, this a girl who loves red shoes.  ;)

Darling Reece Witherspoon in Giorgio Armani Prive worn this classic design like it was a breath of fresh air.  Her hair was a beautiful blond ponytail that added a touch of whimsy to this beautiful dress.  I loved that she wore an emerald drop earring for a slight pop of color.  Thank you Reece for continuing your long list of fashion yeses!


Golden girl Gwyneth Paltrow. I can not get enough of this Calvin Klein dress and runner up on my favorites list. It was so you—straight and sleek, just like your hair. This dress was one of my favorites of the evening just because it was so different from everything else that was out there on the red carpet.
And my favorite of the evening goes to…..

 
Hilary Swank in Gucci Premiere.  I am not one who typically likes feathers on clothes, but this one is just down right amazing.  The silver dress that ombred down to a dark grey gunmetal….sigh, can I have one please?  Thank you for keeping it glamorous.

Until next year....

4 comments:

katy said...

I haven't watched any awards shows in probably the last decade. But I always look forward to your gown posts. It's like I get to see the best part of the show without it taking up three hours of my life! :)

Sara said...

Thanks for the recap! Wish I had 3 or 4 of those dresses hanging in my closet!

SmartBear said...

I thought Natalie looked much better than that last pink number with the big red flower she wore. And Mila K was divine. I really did not like Nicole's dress. I agree, even on someone as thin as her, it is not flattering. The details are beautiful but I can't understand why she always chooses such a pale color. I'd really like to see her in something warmer....
Great recap!
Best,
Tina

Summer Says... said...

I love your fashion follow-up! I also appreciated the color and class this year's Oscars exuded. Perfectly lovely.