Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Word of the Year

Remember my word of the year last year? It was hope and it fit my last year to a tee. It was a year of hope, and a year of having hopes and dreams filled. I hope that this year’s word is just as fulfilling in that way. It is turn in the opposite direction from last year, but a good turn for me, and a huge challenge for me. Last year was optomistic, this year's word is concise. So without further adieu, here is my word of the year…



DECISIVE

As any of you who read my blog regularly, you know that I have been standing at a cross roads of sorts as of late. What do I do with work? What do I really want to do? What will fulfill me for 8-9 hours on a daily basis, and still let me bring a paycheck home to help support my family?

I hate to admit this to you, but the lack of decisiveness just is not about work, it flows over into my personal life as well. Sometimes, I just can’t or don’t want to make a decision about the most mundane things, so I pass it off to Sean or just let it work itself out. Do not get me wrong, I am quite decisive about things I feel passionately about and have no problem making decisions. Sometimes, I think it is out of sheer laziness and sometimes I think it is just how I am. When I am making decisions, I think of the consequences. I am a big consequences thinker and I always see both sides of every coin. It is a blessing and a curse (and true Libra if you believe the horoscope mumbo jumbo). Thus my word of the year….I’ll keep you posted on how it goes, I’m a work in progress after all…

2 comments:

katy said...

Sounds great, and I love the cartoon!

lacy said...

that's a wonderful word!