Well, better late than never…and it is still January so I guess that counts, right? I call them non-resolutions because, well, let’s face it, if I actually call them New Year’s Resolutions, I will not do or act upon a single one. So this is more of a list of things or goals I would like to do, accomplish, or try this year. Here it goes.1. Attempt to scrapbook. I have some stuff to start one, now I just need to sit down and do it.
2. Eat healthier. So far, this is going decently well for me…it could be a lot better too.
3. Work out. You can’t have the eat healthier without the physical part of it, especially if you want to lose some poundage like I do. Yep, I am thinking of running…something I loathe so if you have tips on getting started, I’m all ears.
4. Get my read on. I did such a good job last year finding some me time to actually sit down and read some really awesome books. Let’s keep it going.
5. Go see a concert or two this year. I have my eye on the John Mayer one that is coming through in March, but who knows what else is out there!
6. Take a road trip somewhere that I have never been (a repeat from last year that was unfulfilled).
7. Become involved in my church in some way—Sunday school, volunteering, ect.
8. Work on having a scheduled date night with Sean so that we find some time to re-connect with each other. Life is crazy chaotic, so a standing date would be a good thing for us.
9. Finances. Esk! That is all I need to say.
10. Keep my sanity this year as work is what is putting me on the ledge of insanity. It is going to be a tough year for me with the responsibility that is being given to me. My goal is not bring it home to Sean and Elizabeth, but leave it at work or in the car before I pick Elizabeth up from school.
11. Bonus: Love every moment with my little family. Time is precious and fleeting and never ever enough of it to go around.
3 comments:
I think your goals are good. Here's my two cents (take it or leave it) on running:
If you hate it, you won't do it. Find something you can enjoy. Everyone says that, right? I used to hate running too but I made it into a challenge...and I LOVE to challenge myself. I started by going walking on a regular basis. Then I added in short spurts of running, mostly because I wanted to make sure I was getting my heartrate up. As I was going, I'd visualize my goal. I know that sounds cheesy but that's what I did. Mentally, I'd say "I'm going to run to that mailbox, or that driveway." Just so I had a goal to keep my eye on as I was running. When I reached that point, I'd walk some more. As I got more in shape, I tried to push myself to run a little further each time.
That's how I did it a few years ago and that's how I'm trying to do it again now, so I don't completely humiliate myself at that 5K in March. Good luck with it!
As for the rest of your goals, I'm right there with you on most of them but especially on 8, 9, 10 and 11!
All admirable goals!
I hate running, too, but have been making myself do it (albeit not often enough.) I usually do 2-3 times per week. But the key for me?? I run on the treadmill instead of outside. I know that sounds bizarre -- and I'm probably the only person in the universe who gets more motivated on the treadmill than in the "real world." But it is what it is. Music is a must, and tuning my brain to think about something other than running is a must. I don't push myself to run a certain distance, or amount of time. I just go until I feel done. And then I finish up with pilates exercises and/or weights, coupled with some "old standby" ballet exercises. Just find a routine that works for you. I think that's the most important thing.
Okay, as if you needed to hear more from me, I'm going to kind of piggyback on Katy's comment.
I like her treadmill strategy. Although I'd rather run outside, this time of year it's too dark by the time I get home (no street lights in my neighborhood, you know). I have the treadmill set up in my utility area so there's not even anything interesting to look at. Yes, music is a must. Instead of running to a certain mailbox or driveway, I'll run for a song or two and then slow down to a fast walk.
Like Katy mentioned, just find something that works for you. Better yet, find someone who will do it with you, if you can. The buddy system is always a good plan.
Post a Comment