Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Blind Side


I know this movie came out back in November, but I finally had the opportunity to see it the week after Christmas. Yes, it has been almost a month, and for some reason, I am still thinking about this movie--and proudly so. Most people probably think this is a football movie. And yes, football is in the movie, but it is not the central focus, it just happens to be what one of the main characters ends up doing. It is a movie about unlikely relationships, good people, and compassionate hearts. It is about second chances and not judging the book by the cover, but delving in to discover the person beneath their binding. It is a hard story to watch. A young man has never even had a real bed before. I do not know about you, but I can honestly say, my family has always made sure I had a bed to sleep in. A bed is the least of this young man's problems. This movie will make you thankful for what you have, where you have come from and what your family was able to provide for you. This movie will also make you think about how something you can do can literally change someone's life in the most unimaginable ways.

If you get a chance, go and watch "The Blind Side" and tell me what you think about it. I know I am still thinking about it.

3 comments:

KT said...

I had seen it back in november, and made a post about it as well. I loved this movie, and i agree with you with all the points this movie covers. What inspired me the most was this woman's devotion to what she felt was right. It takes courage to do that and that woman definitely was courageous.

Jennifer said...

Great movie. Loved it!

Jennifer said...

Great movie. Loved it!