Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hate Words

Do you have a word that you just hate? Every time you hear it, you just cringe at the thought of it? Maybe I am the only one like that because I am an incredibly visual person. You tell me something and I see the action or can imagine the dialogue or whatever.

Today I was sitting in a class and they were talking about a "slice report." Ugh, there is that word I love to hate...slice. I immediately turned my head away from the sheet of paper it was written on, but finally turned back when I realized what I had done. Silly me. I just get the visual of bad things happening--paper cuts, knives, and other assorted bad things. The only slice that is ever good for me is a slice of cake--and even then, I am say a piece of cake.
Do you have a word that you hate? I want to know!

11 comments:

katy said...

moist

Summer Says... said...

Is it cheating to say mis-pronounced words? That makes my skin crawl.

If that's cheating, then how about this - I hate gross words (pus, boil (not in relation to water), zit, etc.).

libraryguyzack said...

I'm with Summer because every time someone says "lieberry" to me I feel like killing.

The worst part was in grad school when master's students were wanted to be librarians would say it!

libraryguyzack said...

"who" not "were"

It's been a long day :-/

Alissa said...

Hmmm....I know there are words/phrases that drive me nuts, but I can't think of any right at the moment. I will think of them!

That's interesting...."slice" is never a word that ever would have struck me that way. Funny how people just have random things that bother them!

Sara said...

I hate the word "pubic." Gah! Makes me wanna barf.

But mispronounced words make me a little crazier. The two worst are: expecially and simular.

Leticia said...

hmmm where to start??

I'm with your friend above... MOIST
OINTMENT
PIT (as in armpit but leaving the word arm off just grosses me out)
SECRETION
when people say 'PITCHERS' instead of 'PICTURES'

I could keep going...

libraryguyzack said...

Today I got, "let me axe you a question." I think my whole body shivered at that one.

Anonymous said...

I think my hate words are anything that is I "can't" or "won't" in reference to something that person has not even tried. You never know.
SDK

Emily & Andy said...

That's great someone else said moist that's def one of mine my other two are ointment and crusty but mainly just those "oi" words

ladybug said...

I dislike the word "nasty"!!!!