Remember this post for last January? I said I don't make New Year's resolutions...and I still don't, but I have decided to update you on what has happened with these previous thoughts from January.
I have copied and pasted the thought and I will give what happened with them in nifty italics.
1. Manage to keep my sanity as Sean and I bring our baby daughter into this world. I can honestly say, it has been a little touch and go on the keeping the sanity part, but for the part, we have succeeded in doing so. Each day brings its own joys and challenges, but we get through it all.
2. Find and make time for Sean and Kristin time no matter how busy we get. This has been more difficult to do than I had originally thought...but it is still do-able none of the less. Most nights it is as we are getting in bed that we finally get the chance to sit down and chat. Maybe it is taking a half day and just do something together--movie anyone? Maybe it is a long deserved and much needed get away weekend, but we have managed to do it and it will probably always be a challenge as long as we are responsible for a child/children in our home.
3. Not to make the baby 100% of my life, but remember that I am a person too. Yep, it is possible. That is why I work. I can't do baby 24/7--I'm not made that way. Don't get me wrong, I miss Elizabeth terribly when I am work and she is at school, but I also know that this is the best thing I can be doing for her. I would not be happy being home, and therefor, she would not be a happy baby as I was not happy taking care of her the way she needed to be. I have had a ton of fun, just getting the opportunity to read, spend time with friends, and just be me.
4. Take a road trip to somewhere I have never been before. I wish I could say that this one happened, but it did not. Something else for the list in 2010.
5. Work on losing my baby weight in a decent amount of time. Whahoo...something I most certainly accomplished. I lost ever stinkin' pound before I went back to work. Yep, 40 pounds in 8 weeks. Crazy right? Thank you breastfeeding and up round the clock taking care of a little sweet baby. Now, don't get me wrong, I may have lost the weight, but it was definitely has been re-distributed to other places of my body--not cool. And since I wasn't happy with my start weight, I am not happy with my present weight...and this year, the holidays didn't help out at all! So another something to add for 2010.
6. Find my word for this year (thank you for the suggestion, Lacy). Yes, I did! It was HOPE. A very fitting word it has been as well. More on this when I pick my word for 2010.
7. Join the church I have been attending in 2008. We did join our church, back in May, I believe. We have been very happy there too!
8. Remember not to wish away the hard times I may have as those are the moments I grow the most. This is straight up conscious decision. Oh yes, yes it is. It is so easy to get down about something, and even easier to wallow in it. The hard times are given to us so that we can appreciate the good times even more. There have been plenty of times this past year where I would have loved to wish away a sleepless night, a painful heart ache, or a fussy baby. It is all those little things that make you appreciate life all the more. Yep, they were tough, but they do make you a better person, a better spouse, a better mother. I just remember thinking with all the sleepless with Elizabeth is that one day, I will miss holding her for hours on end...and I already do miss it. I just kept thinking, this too shall pass....and things always do.
9. Do not sweat the small stuff, God will take care of it all. And He does.
10. Remain true to the person that I am. I feel that I have remained true to who I am as a person. I also feel that this is the year that I have grown the most and learned more about myself than humanly possible. I am thankful for this.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment