Sunday, December 13, 2009

Elizabeth Updates

There has been a whole lot going on with this lovely little lady the last few weeks. Due to my recent illness, I am a little behind on my updates and posts. So here is what is going on with Elizabeth:

  • We have started working towards our next classroom's schedule. What does that mean? Scheduled naps, snacks, and eating schedule synced with the older kiddos. Almost all of our snacks and meals are being provided by school too...so lots of table food. On the days that she can not eat school food, she just has whatever we have there for her. So yep, my little girl is getting to be a big girl. For me, it is exciting and scary all at the same time.


  • Last weekend, we took our first unassisted steps. They were very tentative, small, and not many, but steps they were. It won't be long before we will toddling all over the place...and then running...


  • With our recent movement of crawling, cruising, and now starting to walk, we have had to lock all the cabinets in the kitchen. Oh yes, with the magnetic locks--far more frustrating for Sean and I when we are looking for stuff in the kitchen, but necessary as we have figured out that doors open and there is trouble behind them.


  • Saturday at lunch, Elizabeth thought it would be fun to grab my finger and start gnawing on it, something she hasn't done in awhile. So while I was in there, I decided to feel the front of the gums, and guess what was there? Yep, our first tooth is starting to poke through. We knew it was a matter of time since she still did not have one, but was still very surprised to feel it none of the less.


  • Elizabeth is starting to monkey what I am doing. If I tell her no and shake my head no, she has started shaking her head no too. It is so hard not to crack up laughing when she does it!

You can tell by her eyes that I caught her by surprise!

2 comments:

Sara said...

She's walking?! Crazy! Watch out, mama - you'd be amazed at how a 2-foot tall person can outrun a 30 year old adult!

katy said...

Amazing. Seems like they hit lots of milestones all at once, and it can almost be overwhelming. That picture is too cute for words -- she looks like a jolly little elf!!! :)