Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bowing Down...

..to the porcelain gods this week.

Both Sean and I have had the 24 hour tummy bug that has been going around. No fun in that at all. Sean's hit on Sunday night right before bed time, then mine hit right before bedtime on Monday night. We still don't know where Sean got his from, but I can blame him for mine! Needless to say, we spent a great deal of time on our knees in front of this toilet (yes, I pulled the picture of the actual toilet in my house--I know, I'm a plumbing nerd after all these years). The next day, we were each completely worthless and slept pretty much all day. I do not know the last time I have slept so much. The good news is that we each had our turn at being the well one and the sick one to take care of Elizabeth. Knock on wood, she still doesn't seem to have the nasty bug. Sadly, she has an ear infection though. I woke up long enough yesterday to go to the doctor's appointment with her and Sean. You know it's pretty bad when her pediatrician tells you that you look worse off than your child. Ouch. But so true.

Thankfully, we are all well again and back at work. What a mess my friends, what a mess. I hope your week has started off better than ours has.

2 comments:

KT said...

Ugh! I had that bug last week. I hate the sensation of throwing up (I'm not very big on that) but I love how at the end of the 24 hours there's always a positive. At least, my Dad and I think it's positive...you've lost at least 5 lbs in just one day. LOL, I know awful. But it keeps us from melting down every time we rush to the porcelain god.

katy said...

Lordy!! That's going around here, too. It's just a pukey week I guess. Yesterday morning when I dropped James off at daycare, there was a little guy throwing up in a trashcan. Great!! Wonder how long before we're puking in my house?! I told Justin and he goes, "And you left James there??" -- like I have an option. Yeah, I'll just take James to work with me and see how my boss likes that! Blah. Anyway, hope you're back on your feet soon.