Tonight Sean and I heard some very bad news about some of our friends. Their 19 month old son unexpectedly passed away in his sleep. You never want to hear bad news like that, but especially about someone so young. My heart aches for them and I can not not imagine the gut wrenching pain they must feel. I do not know what to say or what to do. But what I can do is offer them up my love, my support, and my prayers.
My first initial reaction was to run, grab my daughter and hold on tight...she was already asleep though. Your child is such and an extension of you and who you are as a person. To lose that is just beyond me. Most of my readers are parents and to hear about this stabs you in the heart. I pray that when your child wakes up in the morning, you give him or her a big hug and a kiss and tell them how much you love them.
“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” Elizabeth Stone
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My thoughts and prayers are with that sweet family! Give Elizabeth a BIG hug, kiss and Love You from her MiMi and PawPaw!
Oh my - I can't even imagine the horror they're living. My prayers are with them!!
Oh my goodness....19 months? How shocking....that's not an age where SIDS is a fear. Oh my goodness, you are right...it changes your perspective a little....
My worst fear ever! They will definitely be in my prayers.
Post a Comment