Monday, September 28, 2009

Book Help

Remember this post? Well, I have made a dent, but now I have hit a wall. I pretty much read all of the "light" reading, then added the "Twilight" saga and here I am, kind of bored (or lack interest) with what I have left over. So now I need your help. What was the last thing you read that you just couldn't put down? Help me...no crime or mystery types, please. Help! Help! Help...and I'm not talking about the Beatles song!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I read mindless, easy, fun books... the last few I have read are:

- All the Emily Giffin Books
Something Borrowed
Something Blue
Baby Proof
Love the One Your With

- Mistaken Identity
- this is the real story of two college girls who were in a car accident together one died and the identities were switched... awesome book

- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Steve Harvey's book - HILARIOUS

- I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell
- One of the crudest, nastiest, most hilarious books I have read. Warning: It is dirty and gross and completely chauvinistic

- sTORi Telling - Tori Spellings 1st book
- I love Donna Martin :)

- 90 minutes in Heaven

libraryguyzack said...

Have you read The Lightning Thief (and the rest of the series, because you can't stop reading them even if you try)?!

Young Adult lit at its best.

Sara said...

The last thing I couldn't put down was the Twilight series. Love.

Lately I've been reading the Emily Griffin books as well - Something Borrowed, etc. Good easy fun reads.

I also finished Jemima J while on vacation - it was good easy fun reading as well. I'm happy to send it your way!

kelli said...

I read the whole Twilight series in about 7 days right after Kate was born. (My mom was watching the kids and I was nursing a lot!:)

Some good/easy reads that come to mind -
-Time Traveler's Wife
-The Book Thief
-The Riddle Master
-Tracy Chevalier books (Girl with the Pearl Earring)
-and I' a sucker for British chick-lit. I love Sophie Kinsella books! (Shopaholic, Undomestic Goddess) Also Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones books if you haven't read them. Way better than the movies.

oh have you ever read Japser Fforde's books? 'The Eyre Affair','Lost in a Good Book' etc. I think you'd like those.

OK I'm done. I'm stopping anyway.

:)

katy said...

Recently finished "The Pillars of the Earth," by Ken Follett. It's a commitment, but I loved it!!!!