So here we are. Thanksgiving has come and gone! Wow, I was so looking forward to it too! How can you not? It is a food that encourages a lot of good eating and even dessert to boot. You must be communist to not enjoy a slice of pie on the big Turkey day.
This year, Thanksgiving was at our house. Sean’s parents, sister, and another couple that we know, Scott and Josie, came over to spend the day and enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. It was so good getting to see everyone and even better to eat the yummy food. Sean’s mom made the turkey, stuffing, and gravy, Karen made cake balls and brought the wine and other drinks, Scott and Josie the cranberry and stuffed mushrooms….and everything else was Sean and me. Well, mostly Sean as he made the green bean casserole, peas, rolls, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. I made my family recipe of cornbread dressing. It is still not as good as my Mom’s, but a girl can try….
Here is a picture of Sean preparing the sweet potatoes….
Here is a picture of the table before we all ate… Sorry I did not get a picture of everything else! Where was my brain?
After dinner, Allison, a family friend of the whole Kier family, came over, and football watching commenced. The Aggies did not fair so well and did as expected, but at least they did put some points on the board.
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment