Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thoughts on a Thursday afternoon

Here it is December 18, 2008 and I was just reflecting on the fact that I graduated from Texas A&M seven years ago this month. How time has flown by before I knew it! While my years since graduation have been full of good and bad life experiences, I always imagined myself in a different place than I currently am. Who is to say if I would be happier than I am at this moment? Who is to say if I would be miserable? That is the beauty of life: you just never know where life is going to lead you…but I like where I have ended up to date, so I am by no means disappointed.

I ran into an old high school friend earlier this week when I was Christmas shopping. While we were never particularly close to each other, it was great getting to catch up with her and to see where she has ended up in life. She was so surprised that I was pregnant…and told me so! She thought I would be the last person to go down that path…and I agreed with her! It makes me wonder though, why did she think that about me? I did not start thinking that about myself till I was in college. Maybe it is just the way others see us sometimes…or maybe they just did not know us as well as they thought they did. Who knows? One of life’s great mysteries is that you never truly know how you are perceived and how many people get it so right or so wrong. Maybe the people who get is so right are those true friends who are your friend soul mates.

3 comments:

lacy said...

who did you run into? and so true, well written friend

Kier's Serendipity said...

Lacy...Brandace Chapman, we were in orchesta together.

lacy said...

OMG I remember Brandace! I had AP english with her!