Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

Here we are on the last day of 2008. It has truly been one for the books and one of the most memorable yet. I am so happy to have had this year and hope to have many more just as good as this one has been.

Sean and I were getting nestled into bed last week and I told him that we have had a very blessed year—and he agreed with me. While it has been full of fun and laughter, there have been so obstacles along the way, but by far, more good things to remember.

After we finally sold our house and moved into our Frisco home, we spent a great deal of time unpacking, getting rid of stuff, and overall making our house a home. And we still have spots on the walls that are waiting to have something put there—but it has to be the right things! We just never know what is going to be around the corner…

A few trips here and there always make things interesting. Our most interesting trips this year were to Taos, NM where Sean skied and I snow bunnied with a good book. It was a nice long weekend to get away and relax after a hectic and crazy move. Then another trip to Virginia and Pennsylvania this fall where I was able to meet Sean’s grandfather, see the fall leaves, and visit Mount Vernon for the first time. I so look forward to many more trips like that when we have children old enough to appreciate those things.

The biggest blessing of all has been finding out that I was pregnant and watching my tummy grow with a wiggle worm inside. While I will be the first person to tell you that I have not loved being pregnant, especially in those early months, there is something truly magnificent about feeling a living being move inside of you—and wondering if your insides can take this much punching and kicking! In all seriousness, I have had my health throughout this pregnancy and a husband who has helped keep me sane. For that, I am very thankful.

Here is to looking forward to what 2009 will bring us all. I have a feeling it will be yet another year to remember—I can definitely tell you it will not be dull!

No comments: