Sean and I attended our first class of infant care on Monday. Let’s just put it this way, they should NOT, and I repeat NOT start with baby CPR. While very useful and beneficial in an emergency, this is not a good thing to start your baby care class off with and scare people like me half to death. The whole first half of the class was all about if your baby drowns…if your baby is electrocuted…if you baby is choking…agh!!! This is not good for me to hear! Granted, I get that children have done all of these things and this is good to know, but do not start the class off with your dying, blue child! This is not calming to this anxiety ridden Kristin.
Last night was the first night of birthing class. Oh fun. So let’s go over the first part of the video that they showed us…a woman in all three stages of labor who is going to have natural birth. Granted, I have had friends who had natural births and lived to tell, but not for me. I can tell you now, I am all about the epidural and there is no changing my mind on that at all. Thankfully, our instructor said she was actually going to leave the birth part of the video for another night so that she did not lose the class. Next week, a tour of the hospital. I can’t wait. Oh joy!
In the meantime, this is what we get to bring to our class ever week…I think they just might take residence up in my backseat…or at least until I have house guests!
1 comment:
Oh yes, baby classes. I remember those not-so-fondly. At least you have pillows in case you get too bored :)
And I'm with you on the epidural. Bring on the drugs!!
Post a Comment