Friday, October 2, 2009

Quote of the Month

Here is the quote that is on my monthly calendar...I like and have been pondering it since I flipped the page over yesterday.

"Go on with a spirit that fears nothing!"--Homer

Sadly, I have a spirit that fears a whole bunch. I'm working on it though...

What did you once fear, but no longer do? What did you do to get over that fear? I'm curious.

3 comments:

katy said...

Oooh, really good topic. I will be interested to see what everyone says.

I once feared:
imperfection
failure
blending in
not blending in
failure
being the star
not being the star
lack of direction
did I say failure?
my own willpower
my own lack of willpower

(I'm a confusing study in contradictions, I guess.)

I'm still wary of all these things -- but I can't say I fear them anymore. I've had to experience and deal with each one at different times. And I guess living through them and proving myself capable calmed the fears.

Kind of abstract, but that's me. You were probably looking for an answer like, "I was scared of spiders. But then I watched 'Arachnophobia' ten times and now I'm fine." tee hee!!

Kier's Serendipity said...

Katy, I love your answer--it is exactly what I was looking for when I asked the question.

KT said...

I know this was posted ages ago, but I just started following you, and I decided I'd like to share. I am petrified of fear itself. Yeah, I know, very Harry Potter. But before I read the books I have always been afraid of truly being afraid. Because that's when you crap hit the fan. Yeah, I'm a little frightened of the dark and supernaturals. And I don't like bugs. And I'm afraid of all things Kathryn posted, but I am terrified when bad things really happen and then I have genuine fear. I don't know if any of that makes sense. BTW, love your blog.