Monday, October 26, 2009

Honey Do

Ladies (gentlemen if you are reading) be prepared for the most awesome thing my husband may have ever asked me...are you ready? "Will you marry me?" That was a good one, but here is another one almost as good as that....Are you really ready? "Kristin, will you make me a list of things you want me to get done with my time off around the holidays?" Yes, you read that right. He wants me to make a Honey Do list and I have never been more excited about it.

Every year, Sean gets time off around the holidays as he facility shuts down from December 18th through January 4th. Lucky ducky--I wish it worked that way for me, but alas, one of us only gets that time off without having to actually take vacation days. I digress. So this year, with his time off, Sean wants to take care of some household projects (yours truly will be helping while Elizabeth is at school). It is music to my ears.... and I feel splinters already in my hands.

So what's on the list? Painting, fencing, and I'm sure some kind of drilling. I'm so glad he asked, there are things that definitely need to be done. His motivation is rubbing off on me too! Aww...it's beginning to look a lot like home improvement time.... Am I lucky, or what? To be asked...maybe I should put something really ludicrous on the list to see if he actually tackles it!

1 comment:

katy said...

WOW! This is awesome. I like your "ludicrous list" idea. Tell him the roof needs new shingles and the fireplace has to be cleaned out w/ a toothbrush! Nah, just kidding. What a good hubby!! :)