Good evening! I took a few days off from the blog world to basically have a nice weekend full of some fun, music, and weekend chores. While I was expecting a kind of ordinary weekend, it was anything but! Let's start from the very beginning...
Friday night--dinner at Olive Garden and errands with Mr. Kier.

Saturday---more errands, and now Sean and I are on the eternal quest to find baby furniture and other baby paraphanilia that is just oh so confusing. Do you have any idea how many strollers are out there? Well, if you don't, let me just tell you that there are a freakin' million out there to choose from. Augh!!! Not fun. Onto more fun things...the Dave Mathews Band concert on Saturday night! In my book you can not go wrong with some Dave...but in Sean's eyes, there are many things that can go wrong. He just isn't a fan, but that is okay, we all know his taste in music leaves something to be desired. The concert was fantastic--a Dave concert like I have never been to before, but I enjoyed. It was almost like a greatest hits album there for awhile. Also, he covered three songs that I have never heard him play before...and that was just cool. Then we hopped into the car and began our trek out of the ghetto of Dallas. Gotta love a little adventure, I suppose, but we were incident free...until we go to about Plano and that is when things got really interesting....
Sunday 1:00 am---So right about the time we are getting into Plano from our concert, I started having really intensive shoulder pain. At first, it felt like I just turned the wrong way, but much much worse. The pain kept intensifying and by the time we made it up to Friscohoma, I could not turn my neck, started waddling like a duck, and could not undress myself to take a shower. While Sean took a quick shower, I sat on the floor of our bedroom with a heating pad, 2 Tylonol, and prayed that this horrid pain would go away. After a long warm shower, and everything feeling worse, Sean drove me the .5 miles to Centennial hospital's ER for a doctor to see me. Thankfully, I happen to be there only patient at 1:45am. I got right in and saw a doctor before I knew it! Dr. Lee told me that I had an acute strain to my shoulder--gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer and sent me on my way. Unfortunately, no pain meds since I am pregnant--too bad, I could have put those to good use. Then off to Walgreen's we were...and at 2:45am, we were deliriously tired and started wandering the As Seen On TV aisle. Insane, I know. Thankfully, we made it home, I took my meds and slept pretty much all of Sunday and most of Monday. I like how the warning on the pills is drowsiness...never mind that it knocked me out for almost 2 whole days. Oh fun. Poor Sean had to wait on my hand and foot, but he was such a great husband--a girl couldn't ask for anything more!
I am feeling much better, but not nearly a 100%. Back to work for me tomorrow---we'll see how it goes without the muscle relaxer!
3 comments:
It may have been a rocky weekend but it ended with some good news. Congrats on winning the lacylike contest! Fun stuff!
I had a good time at the DMB concert, my favorite part was the funny smelling cigarretes. alright alright alright.
You got your nap! Glad you are doing better - take care of yourself and Eggo!
Post a Comment