Friday, August 1, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

Today is the four year anniversary of Raider coming home to live with Sean and me. Wow, it seems like just yesterday, we subjected our brand new house and carpet to the joys of puppy hood and potty training. What a day it was! Sean and I got up early in the morning to drive to the other side of the Metroplex (and then some) to go and pick her out as we had first pick of the litter. After much consideration, and neither one of us wanting to make a decision, I bit the bullet and picked out little Miss Raider. And wouldn't you know it, I pick her out, but she was a Daddy's girl from the minute we placed her in Sean's old truck. And then there was the ride home...she has always been able to clear a room with her gas and she started early on for us! Leash training, manners, emergency surgery to remove a fish hook, dove hunting, and a move later, she is still our girl and would do anything to please her Daddy. She truly lives to make Sean happy.




Raider at 6 week, the day we brought her home, sleeping the Duck.






Crazy Raider at 7 weeks!
Our lives have been so enriched by having a puppy, then a full grown dog in our lives. The training, the discipline, the love, the constant and faithful companionship, and most of all the unconditional love you learn to give another living being. Where would we be without our Raider?

Raider in January 2008

2 comments:

katy said...

What a gorgeous gal!

lacy said...

they do add so very much! I want a duckie to sleep with! haha, you think that I'd look that comfy with one! happy puppy day!