Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vineyard


I had the pleasure of being introduced to a band called Jackopierce my freshman year of college.  What can I say, I fell in love with them and there music.  More importantly, I attended the concert with a friend who truly loved there music and already knew all the songs.  Thanks to this person, I was introduced to a lot of music that I possibly would have missed out on if I had not known him.  While this person and I have gone our separate ways in life, I do look fondly back at those memories and smile.  There are some things in life that are never erased by space, time, and distance.

 Sadly, the one time I was able to see Jackopierce in college, it was a farewell concert as they had decided to break up and go there separate ways.  Sad, but so very true.  I still had to have their Greatest Hits CD and played it throughout my college years and even now in my adult life.  Instead of a CD, I hear it on my ipod and enjoy it so much.  Alas, the bad reunited a few years ago and Sean and I have had the pleasure of seeing them a few times. It is always a wonderful concert every time we attend and they always seem to play the House of Blues, a venue I aboslutely love.

The song Jackopierce is probably most known for is Vineyard. It's a great song about the reckless abandon of life and love.  Everytime I listen to it, I smile and remember the first time I heard it.  It is just as much fun now as it was then, but for different reasons.  In my college days, it was a fun song, today it is a song I get to live.  It is a song about finding that person you are meant to be with and creating a life together, grabbing hold of them and never letting go.  It is truly a sweet song. Check it out if you get the chance, you won't be sorry.

No comments: