I remember in the 8th grade, we had to take this mandatory career development class. It was not too terribly bad, but I can honest say, I do only remember one thing from this class. It was an assignment: where do you see yourself in the next 15-20 years. So being the good studious Kristin that I was, I sat down and made my timeline of where and what I was going to be doing in life. Ironically, 14 year old Kristin is now talking to 31 year old Kristin and amazingly enough, those 17 years have past.
What was on the timeline? I do not remember the details, but here is what I do remember so let's see what was fulfilled.
- Graduate high school. Check
- Graduate from Texas A&M University in May 2001. Sort of check. I graduated in December.
- Attend law school. Uh, not only no, but hell no.
- Get a great job. Well, I am on my thrid company. Each time I change jobs, my salary has increased, more responsibilty come my way, but it has taken the job I am finally in for me to be truly happy with what I am doing. And some days I wonder about that. ;)
- Get married. Check
- Have my first baby 2 years later. Nope, try 5 years later--still the best decision we ever made as a couple.
- Have my second baby about 2 years later. Don't hold your breath as we are so not ready for that yet.
- And I guess live happily ever after. I hope I can put a check by that. :)
So what is next on my timeline of life? I do not honstly know. I have a calendar that is getting pretty full of events and happenings over the next few weeks, but that is it. Long term, I hope to have another baby at some point. I hope to get another dog (and she will probably still pick Sean to be her alpha). I hope to get promoted at work. I hope to go on a few amazing vacations. I hope to be a good wife and mother. I guess we will just have to see what is waiting around the corner for me.
Music Inspiration: "My Time" by Jackopierce
1 comment:
I'm sure all these good things and more are on the horizon for you!
The only thing I've retained from that class? My SSN. We had to put it on our papers, in place of our names. I doubt they do that anymore!
Post a Comment