Monday, April 12, 2010

Fever, Coughs, and a Runny Nose--Oh My!


This weekend started a little earlier than intended.  I got the call.  You know the call.  Mrs. Kier, (still weird to hear that after all these years.  Who is that?  Me?) Elizabeth is running a 102 fever and we need you go come and pick her up from school.  Great.  So I finished up a couple of  must be done at the moment things at work, then off I went to pick up my sick baby.  Thankfully, we had her started on some Tylenol to bring down the fever.  We came home and Elizabeth snoozed on me, and what I really mean is passed out and drolled all over my shirt, and then we headed off to the doctor. 

Dr. Nail thought we had the lovely beginnings of an ear infection and a lovely little cold virus and sore throat to boot.  He sent me home with a prescription for an antibotic just in case I felt like the ear infection was truly there.  Okay, I can be a patient mommy, sort of....and I was unsltil Elizabeth woke up from her Satruday nap with a fever again.  We traipsed off to the pharmacy to get that filled right away. 

Having a sick baby is no fun, especially when there is no sleep in sight for either of you.  That was my Friday night.  A baby who just wanted to be held, but we both needed sleep and well, neither of us managed to get that said sleep. 

Thankfully, by the time Sunday rolled around, Elizabeth was herself again.  It absolutely amazes me what modern medicine can do in just 24 short hours.  Sigh, now if only I could get back some of those non-productive weekend days...and some sleep too.

1 comment:

katy said...

Glad she's feeling better. I cringe anytime I see my son's school on the caller ID....