As you konw I do not typically pontificate about being an Aggie. I am very proud of the school I went to, but do not live in the past, but embrace the right now. Nothing in this world makes me happier than the moment I am in--and I can honestly say, I do not think I thought this way before parenthood. There is just something about it that changes your whole outlook on life. But this day, April 21st, I truly celebrate being an Aggie and looking at the past. Today is Muster and today, I will gather with my fellow Aggies (even thought it just may be Sean, but we are working on that), eat something (my favorite hobby), and reminsce about my days at Texas A&M. I will remember those that have come before me and celebrate the one common bond I have with my fellow Aggies...the fact that we are Aggies.
Next to Silver Taps, this is my favorite Aggie tradition. It has nothing to do with football, with pointless traditions, but a tradition that celebrates life, camraderie, and love for your fellow Aggie. To me, this is what being an Aggie is all about. It is about the people you meet along the way, the people who touch your lives, and the people that truly understand the spirit that can 'ever be told.


1 comment:
Well said - Muster and Silver Taps are my favorite traditions too. I'll never forget walking back to Mosher in almost total darkness (for some reason I remember the soda machines stayed lit?) after taps. Such a profound experience!
Post a Comment