Decoding my life these days has been a bit of a challenge. I have a lot going on to say the least. I will be the first to admit that I do it to myself, but still, it's a lot.
Work has been kicking by butt. I am in the fifth week in my new job and while I am not completely lost any longer, I still know just enough to get myself in trouble I suppose. It has definitely been a learning curve and a difficult one. I spend a good portion of my day either in meetings or in training, all of which are very important and my attendence, vital to my job. The really crazy thing is that by the time I make it back to my desk and answer emails and whatnot, I look up and it is after 5 and I have not accomplished much of anything for the day. Needless to say, the hours have been long and my little family are the ones suffering the most.
Hats off to my wonderful husband for taking care of some loose ends. He has been fighting with the insurance company for me, picking up Elizabeth, and taking care of some things around the house that I have not been able to get done. I am hoping that things get better sooner than later. Word on the street is that I am suppose to be getting a laptop. That is excellent news. This way, I can leave work at a somewhat normalish hour, come home and spend time with my family, then tie up some loose ends after Elizabeth goes to bed. And once my feet are back on the ground, the laptop can just stay at work. Sigh. To get to that point. Sigh.
And somewhere in all of this, I need to start working out. Yep, still have not done that. I just do not know when that is going to happen. Trust me, I can not get up any earlier, especially if you want me to function as a reasonable human being in the day. The evenings have been pretty full of family time lately. I need to find the happy medium. I know it will make me feel better to get up and moving too. So what is the answer?
In other happenings, I am in the midst of planning two baby showers. One for Sean's cousin, Amber and the other for my sister-in-law, Emily. I love planning and throwing showers. There is something so cool about showering presents onto a little babe that isn't even here yet. Aww, the simple pleasures of life, a little one that comes into our lives and change it irrevocably. I smile just thinking about it.
Now I just have to decode where my time goes as it is truly flying by at the speed of light these days!
Music inspiration: "Decode" by Paramore
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dean is also in a fairly new position at work and he describes it the same as you....he spends so much time in meetings and at the end of the day has hardly accomplished anything. I'm sure a few months from now it'll feel much more routine for you. And yes, a laptop would be great....I loved having a laptop for that reason when I was at PwC....and I didn't even have a husband and child to come home too! I just loved being able to leave the office at a decent hour, knowing that I could do some work in front of the TV later!
I'm also starting to plan a baby shower with some friends for one of our friends down here. I'm so excited....I love doing that stuff too. Hope you guys have a good long weekend!
I hear ya friend. Working out? What's working out?
Hang in there - it will get better!!
Post a Comment