Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Weekend in Review

What a weekend it has been!
Yesterday, we went to Reid's third birthday party. Sean and Elizabeth rode the train, we ate some cookie cake, and then we were off to dinner with all of the family. Elizabeth discovered crayons and thinks they are the greatest things ever. I am already thinking of invisting in a color table so that we don't have crayon on the walls. It was a good time and I hope that Reid had a fantastic birthday. The loot he came away with....enjoy losing all the little pieces as much or it was assembly required!




Today, Elizabeth woke up with a pretty nasty runny nose so no church for us. The church nursery will not let them stay if they have even a remote sign of sickness--and they make a big point about runny noses on a brightly colored sheet of paper outside of the nursery. Instead, I started on the millions of loads of laundry that desperately needed to be done. It is finally finished.
Other highlights:
  • I finished the last "Twilight" saga book, "Breaking Dawn." I am now sad that it is over and I have to find a new book before tomorrow. Trust me, I have plenty to choose from, just none that have the same appeal as the one I just finished.
  • For some reason, my Internet is having problems at the house. That is not cool.
  • I can't believe the first week of September is upon us. Sean can't wait as that means it is college football season--and this just may be the year I go nuts with the non-stop football weekends. Help me now.
  • Elizabeth has been a little fussy this weekend. She is getting over a head cold, but this one seems to be lingering a bit.
  • I enjoyed my Friday afternoon to myself. Yes, I took a half day and treated my self to a pedi and a movie. Much needed and I am very thankful I was able to take the time away. More about that in another post.
  • I downloaded "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen to my iphone and have started reading it to Elizabeth. A lot more fun for me, than her, but still fun none of the less.

Now we wind down the weekend with Sean sing "Rainbow Connection" to Elizabeth...so cute and endearing.

No comments: