Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm a sad monkey

Yesterday, I found out that Elizabeth's primary (there are a total of four, but this one is responsible for her) teacher is leaving to go to another school. She has been with that school for about 10 years and has decided to leave as the new place is giving her, get this, a 40% pay raise. I wish I could get a 40% pay raise.... Anyway, I am sad about this.

I must say, when Sean and I started looking at child care, I never thought I would find one that I liked...much less, find a teacher that I liked. Who could take care of my child as good as me? Well, I was wrong, people do exist. I have been beyond pleased with the school we have chosen, the teachers that are in Elizabeth's class, and most of all, how Ms. Melanie truly knows my little baby and her personality. I will be sad on Thursday afternoon as that is the last time she will be there in the afternoon. I wish her nothing but the best of luck and completely understand why she is going--it would be difficult to turn down! A girl has to support herself, and I above all people, completely understand that.

I'm still sad though...

By the way, I haven't made it to any one's blog lately so I will catch up when I can!

2 comments:

katy said...

Boo! However, I would jump ship too, for that much more money!!

lacy said...

I am sry you are sad!