Monday, August 31, 2009

Friday, I'm In Love

This past Friday, I decided to take a half day to myself. I originally decided to take it so that I could go to the grocery store and maybe do one nice thing for myself. However, my lovely husband decided that he was going to get off work in time to take care of the grocery store himself. What a blessing....a whole afternoon to myself. Just me. No Sean, no Elizabeth, no dogs, just me. Needless to say, I did not have to think too hard on what I would do with my time. Lunch and an overdue pedicure was at the top of my list. I ate a sandwich from Jimmy John's--super yummy place--and then headed off to get my little piggies some TLC.

Upon completion of said grooming, I went to the movies-again, by myself. I know a lot of people who do not care to go to the movies by themselves, but I am not one of those people. Often times, I think I prefer to be on my own. I watch the movie how I want to and develop my own opinions as I go along with the story. Sorry, tangent. The movie was "The Time Traveller's Wife." I have heard excellent reviews about the book so I thought I would give the movie a whirl. I have to say, I enjoyed the movie but not as much as I thought I would--but you just can't go wrong with Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana--they make a great screen couple.


It was nice to have an afternoon to myself and get some much needed me time. I don't get nearly enough to keep my sanity sometimes so I take it when I can. Thankfully, it all worked out rather nicely for me to have some Kristin time on Friday. Too bad, I can't make Friday afternoons a regular thing. That would be cool.

2 comments:

katy said...

Awesome! I, for one, have always loved going to the movies alone!!!

I'm looking forward to a day and a half off at the end of this week, too. Hoping to work on James' baby album and relax a little.

Back in the ballet teacher days, I used to have Fridays off. Man, that was nice!

Jennifer said...

You should definitely read the book. Soooooo good! One of my favorites.