Dallas Stars
Dallas Stars
Dallas Stars YEAH!!!!!
Well it is time for hockey, eh. Today is the opening night for the Dallas Stars 2008-2009 season. This is the first of 82 games that will hopefully end in June. Last season the Stars surprised the hockey community by beating the Ducks in the first round and the Sharks in the second. They met there match in the Western Conference Finals where they were sent home by losing to the soon to be Stanley Cup winners Detroit Red Wings in 6 games.
Dallas Stars Hockey is something that Kristin and I have enjoyed since 2002 where I gave her a 1 shot to enjoy hockey at the pro level and if it didn’t work out, then she had to go with her bags packed. Well she loves pro hockey and enjoys going to the games as much as I do. We both have favorite plays and I go for the overall action and she goes for the fights. In the last 5 years, we have seen plenty of them and hope to see more with the signing of Sean Avery and the return of Steve Ott.
Following last years playoff success and a strong roster, the Stars should make it a fun season. I do miss my Canadian friends, talking hockey. Being from Toronto they are big Maple Leaf fans, well of course we are Stars fans. It always make for fun emails.
So grab your Molson and raise your mug and lets have a drink. Hockey is back.
Go Stars!!!! Out team! Our Time!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Opening Night
Guest Blog by Sean Kier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment