The weekend started off with the Stars game on Friday night. While I am very very excited to have hockey season back, my Stars did not fair as well as I would have liked them to have. I will get over it--first game of the season and all.
Then was off to a wedding and a fabulous trip to Virginia and Pennsylvania! The wedding was a ton of fun! Sean's cousin, Amber got married. What a beautiful bride and a lot of fun to see some of the family again. To Amber and Mike--Congratulations and we are very happy for you! We hope you have a blast in Maui and come home nice and relaxed!
Justin, Me, and Sean (sorry Amber, there were no good pictures of you and Mike!!)
While in Virginia and Pennsylvania, Sean and visited some of the old haunts that he went to as a child. Most of these places involved food (do you hear me complaining?)--so Sean ate crab and we ate pizza while we were there. Talk about one happy camper when it came to the eating of the crab! I think he fell in love with me all over again for even agreeing to walk into the seafood restaurant! It was really a neat experience to see the places that Sean lived, went to school, and ate at as a child. It really made him miss the area...and I can see why. Virginia was absolutely beautiful with the Fall season having arrived and the trees changing colors. I hope these pictures do it justice, but I am sure they will not! I will have to devote another post to those pictures.
Sean and his crab...
One of the neatest experiences was landing in Virginia, then heading straight up to Pennsylvania to meet Sean's 96 year old grandfather. I have never had the opportunity to meet him before and it was a pleasure. I was able to see some of the family traits just by seeing him. I also had the pleasure of meeting Sean's aunt and uncle, Noreen and Dave. They were very lovely people and very welcoming to us both! On our way to visit Pap, we had a bit of trouble finding his apartment and ended up driving onto the Gettysburg battlefield area. What a beautiful place to visit and it is difficult to imagine that such a bloody battle was ever fought there. While there, we ran across this beautiful nook of gorgeous purple flowers.
Gettysburg, PA
One the our last day in Virginia, we headed over to Mount Vernon. What an amazing home and built by man who had incredible vision. It was very interesting, historic, and amazing that it has withstood the test of time. We even took the National Treasure: Book of Secrets tour. Very cool!If you have never been, I would encourage anyone to go and experience the beautiful home....and nothing beats this view....
Mount Vernon
So, a big thank you goes out to my husband for taking me on such a fun and special trip! It is probably our last hooray before the baby comes in February. So thank you again and I love you!
3 comments:
Mount Vernon remains one of my very favorite places to visit. Sounds like good times!
Oh so much fun! Love those purple beauties and love the photo with baby belly... more of those! xo
I'll work on it Lacy!
Post a Comment