Today I believe I found out my own insignificance (if you can name the book/movie, you are a person after my heart) at work. I am one of those people that can say for the most part I actually enjoy working in corporate America. Do not get me wrong, there are plenty of things that I hate about it (i.e. office politics, dumb people in higher positions, rules, etc.), but for the most part, I like the structure of it all. If you know me, this is not far from my personality so it should not be a surprise. But today, I truly felt where I was on the corporate food chain and it was not a good feeling or thought.
As everyone who has tuned into a TV or radio in the last year knows that the economy is in the crapper and business is not exactly thriving for anyone at the moment. In retail America, we feel it pretty hard with things are not working...and trust me, there have been plenty of things not work , especially as of late. Needless to say, when people who are suppose to be smarter than me and more experience than me make a decision that just does not make sense at all, it is very hard not to question and ask why. So I did ask why to someone who can answer some of these questions and this person agreed with me 75% of the conversation. So I posed the eternal question of so when this doesn't work out, whose job are they going to cut first? While it was not answered, I know my own insignificance in the corporate food chain...and that is just something I am going to have to deal with--or pray some one keeps taking the right risks and things get better. I am not holding my breath though... In the meantime, I am just going to keep doing what I am doing.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Two words... GOLDEN PARACHUTTE. One can hope.
Post a Comment