Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Lottery


My friend, Jennifer and I emailed a bit back and forth at work today (the small amount of time I was actually at my desk today). In one of the emails, we chatted about what would happen if we won the lottery and how we would leave our jobs and what we would do. I have to say, I like the way she would leave her job--just call and tell them to throw everything in her cube away, she's not coming back. I have no idea how I would leave my job, but I do know what I would do with some of that money! I would travel, travel, and travel (back to Europe and for sure a beach to relax)...and then find a job or create a job that I would absolutely love to do for a living and to give myself something to do. Besides, I can't travel my whole life away...Elizabeth has to go to school.


So, what would you do and how would you leave your job if you won the lottery? We can dream, right?

2 comments:

katy said...

Hmmm, very interesting thought. (And when I first opened up your post, I thought that you had won!! How exciting would that be?!!)

I think I would go to work like normal, and give my notice. I wouldn't mind sticking around until they filled the position, or training the new person before I said adios.

Then, I would sock most of the money away to pay for our retirement, and for James to go to school. And then we would travel!!!

Sara said...

We've talked about it... and have decided that if we won, we wouldn't even tell anyone. Who wants people knocking on your doors asking for money? We'd pay off the house and would definitely start traveling more. I don't think we'd quit our jobs... unless it was to start a business together. That would be fun. We'd give a lot of it away and probably put most of it away for retirement.

Thanks for the morning daydream :)