Thursday, June 18, 2009

Children's Books

Sean and I were talking about children's books this evening and talking about our favorites. I can honestly say, I do not remember mine...my mom probably can, but I can not, for the life of me remember. It was probably some horse book.... Sean's favorite was Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham." He even loves reading it to Elizabeth.



Elizabeth's favorite book is one that Sean read to her while she was in utero called, "Oh Baby, The Places You'll Go." It combines all of these known and random Dr. Seuss book into a story about meeting your baby and the adventures they will go on in reading the Dr. Seuss books. Sean had managed to find a way to kind of sing it to Elizabeth as she is getting ready for bed. Does she love it too!
What was your favorite children's book? What is your child's favorite book?

3 comments:

libraryguyzack said...

My favorite picture book from childhood is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

In a storytime a couple of my favorites are Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Leonardo the Terrible Monster (both by Mo Willems).

Sara said...

I LOVED The Animals Who Changed Their Colors and But No Elephants!

Drew's tastes change from month to month. Currently, he likes Clifford and anything with cars or tractors in it.

kelli said...

A Bargain for Frances, Danny and the Dinosaur, The Berenstein Bears (were they scholastic readers?) Those stand out in my mind.
My kids love children's poetry (because I tend to get silly and read it sing-song like...Dr Seuss works that way too) Right now Kenna brings me "Guess How Much I Love You" every night and Tristan is liking 'The Borrowers' series.
Oh man I could make this a really really really long comment so I'll stop at that:)