Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stuff

Stuff.  We all have it.  Some of it is good Stuff, some of it bad Stuff, and some of it just Stuff that takes up room.  Today, I am going to talk about the Stuff that pack rats like me keep...and the Stuff I am trying to get rid of in order to simplify my life and make room for other, much more important Stuff.  If you are counting I have used the word, "Stuff" eight times.  Yep, I'm just keeping it real and noticing my poor word choices....

Anyhoo...I have recently spent a great deal of time going through some old boxes, Christmas cards, pictures, board games, craft supplies (I am not allowed back into a craft store for another 5 years), stuffed animals, clothes, and other assorted things that you can not even imagine--and this is just one closet, albeit, a large one, but still...  While it is a work in progress, I am happy to report that a significant dent has been made through my endeavors.  You have no idea what an accomplishment this has been for me.  Yes me.  You see, I am a huge pack rat.  I confess.  I am not a hoarder, but I am a pack rat.  The first step is realization, people.  Don't judge.  Have I ever done anything with my collections o' Stuff?  Nope, not at all.  I sat down, had a mental chat with myself about the excessive amount of Stuff that I so desperately needed to go through and purge.  It was a talk a long time coming, but it has been had.  Have I been able to just dump the whole box into the recycle bin and move on?  Nope.  But I am going through it, getting rid of what is not important, excessive, or just down right clutter.  The empty boxes, bags, and plastic bins are beginning to pile up and that, my friends, has never made me happier...

Now to finish this great undertaking--another one of my downfalls.  I am human after all.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Good for you! I too have had talks with myself. Usually something along the lines of "If you haven't done that project in the past 6 months, chances are you probably won't do it. Let it go and don't let the clutter weigh you down!" Good luck!