The fun had to come to an end at some point and it did on day six of this lovely escape from reality, home, and being Mommy and Daddy. While we went to a wedding on our vacation, it was so much more to me and us. For me, it gave me the opportunity to step away from working Kristin and Mommy and to be a little more me and time spent with my beloved. While traveling, I started and finished a book (Water for Elephants), and started another (Jane Eyre for those keeping track) something I have not been able to do in quite some time. I tried new foods and beverages, I saw God's hand in the physical landscape that He provided, I spent some long overdue time with my husband, met some new friends, saw some old friends, bought a few souvenirs, and mostly just took a step back to reflect on whatever was in my mind and heart.
While there are plenty of amazing memories and stories to share, I do not have pictures of one of my favorite events that happened while we were in St. Croix. Our last night in St. Croix, Sean and I went to our favorite restaurant,
Rowdy Joe's (we would have eaten every meal there if we could have--you must get the homemade ice cream!), then came back to the resort to sit on the beach under the stars and just talk. While sitting on the beach, we saw two shooting stars, made a few wishes on them, and spent time soaking up our last few precious moments of vacation, but mostly, enjoying the time spent together. There is something about your toes in the sand and listening to the surf come up to the beach that just takes you away. As long as I live, I will never forget those moments spent under the stars with my favorite person. So a big huge thank you goes out to my husband for putting up with me, for letting me have some me time in all of this, for being my driver and island navigator, my favorite travelling partner in crime, but mostly for loving me just the way that I am. Until our next great adventure....
 |
| Me walking along the beach. |
 |
| Sean and Kristin |
 |
| The chaney pendant that I bought in Christensted and a Larimar pendant that reminds me of the Caribbean Ocean. |
 |
| Sugar Mill magnet because, well, I collect them from our travels--just wait till you see the Christmas ornaments to be revealed in December. |
 |
| Wednesday morning, Elizabeth woke up to both of her parents being home and she was thrilled to pieces. Thank you for keeping me Mimi and Pawpaw! |
2 comments:
And I bet she looked complete different when you got home. That always happens to us -- they grown and change so fast, that a week away makes a big difference!
Kristin! I think this is my favorite of all your posts. So happy for you and Sean to have some time away for yourselves. Awesome. -Amy (Dillard) Reid
Post a Comment