Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Christensted, Point Udall, and Brad

Saturday finally brought some non-rainy weather (up until Saturday, it had rained the whole time we had been on the island) and we could think of nothing better to do than to discover the rest of St. Croix.  Sean, Brad, and I hopped into the trusty Jeep and off we were to discover Christensted.  First we walked along the fort and boardwalk of Christiansted.  Then we shopped a little before lunch where I bought a beautiful chaney charm. (picture to come in a later post).  By the way, you can not find a meal on the island less than $10.00. 
Christensted Fort, church, and Governor's house.

The Governor's House and offices.

This is a replica of the sugar mills that are all over the island.  It was a honeymoon suite to a nearby hotel, now a pretty cool bar.

Sailboats everywhere...ask Sean if you want more info on the Badger story.

Me and Sean
After Christensted, we went a far as you can go on St. Croix to Point Udall.  Point Udall is the eastern most part of the United States as St. Croix is a US territory.  Sean, Brad, and myself took turns being the most eastern American on US soil.  It was fun and definitely novel!
The Eastern most tip of the United States of America.


Our Jeep!  In St. Croix they drive on the left side of the road.  Thankfully, the steering column is still on the left.  I kind of plays with your mind a little bit!

One of the views from Point Udall.

Me and Sean.  And no, I am holding my shirt down. ;)


Meet Brad to whom some of the best pictures of Sean and myself together would not be possible without!

Sun dial at Point Udall.

My king of the world, Sean.

Peaceful

Brad, me, and Sean.
A girl's gotta twirl....
Huge telescope!

I can honestly say, this was one of my favorite adventures while we were in St. Croix and the day would not have been complete without Brad along for the ride!  I mean, seriously, who else could lead a very loud, blaring rendition of Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer?"  Brad of course.

5 comments:

Summer Says... said...

Wow! Your pictures are beautiful! I'm loving the vicarious vacay!

SmartBear said...

I agree...I am loving living vicariously through you right now.
Best,
Tina

katy said...

Gorgeous! Let's hear it for twirling!!

kelli said...

I love your peaceful and twirling pictures -you look so happy and relaxed and everything a girl should be on vacation!

lacy said...

Oh how i love the twirling!