...while driving in your car?
This morning on my way to work, I was at a stop light, waiting for the green to get my daughter to school. I glanced over at the car next to me, and trust me, I was not looking for anything in particular, but noticed something that was out of the ordinary. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman lifting her hand in the air, but she was holding onto something. A double take or two later, I realized that she was lifting weights in her car at the stop light. Huh? Really? In your car. At a stop light. What?!?! Now here is something really scary that I saw someone doing once while I was doing my crazy crazy commute a few years back now. Are you ready for it? I don’t know if you are, but here it goes: I once saw someone read a book and drive at the same time. I kid you not. We were in bumper to bumper traffic and literally driving at 10 miles per hour, but this chick was reading a book and driving. Why in the world would anyone do that?
I may not be a “normal” person by any stretch of the imagination but the things I do in my car are sing, I car dance (and I have great moves, let me tell you), I talk to Elizabeth, talk with my hands free on my cell, and occasionally I am reaching behind my passenger seat to pick up whatever she has dropped but even then I do that at a stop light. Lifting weights and reading a book never occurs to me. What about you? What do you do in the car? What is the bizarre things you have seen others do while you are in the car? I want to know. I promise I won't judge...too much. :)
Monday, April 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I once saw a lady put down her Kindle to apply mascara.
I've witnessed the book/newspaper/map reader...and of course some mobile make-up artists in action, but never weight-lifting.
I'm an excellent car dancer. But let's not ask Katy to critique. I would hate to blow her away with my fantastic skills.
Sing, talk on phone, or talk to Melissa. Oh yeah - and eat. But that is it. I've never applied makeup, read a book, or lifted weights in the car. But living in B/CS means I don't have a lot of "down" time in the car, as our traffic is never THAT bad.
Pick my nose!
HAHAHA just kidding... that you know of. ;)
My drive to work is about 40 minutes, so I usually do audio books or podcasts. In Charlotte my commute had me regularly driving next to a lady moving at 45 mph while reading a paperback.
Post a Comment