Thursday, April 14, 2011
Collide
I adore this song. Honestly, the first time I remember ever hearing this song was when it was being advertised with "Pride and Prejudice" a few years ago. To me, it was a song that just reached out, took my hand, and said come with me. Away I went. How could I not? It is a song about love, romance. and finding each other despite your differences. I love that. It makes me think of my special someone and how we compliment each other and how, like the name of this song, we kind of collided together to become us.
As we both went to the same school and he is in the class ahead of me, most people assume that we are college sweethearts. We are not. We had classes together, we have some mutual friends, and I know that I have stood mere feet from him, but never met till we came to together after I had graduated. Crazy, huh? I find it incredibly ironic that we just never met. How could we not? What I do know is that it was definitely in God's plan that we met when we did. After getting to know him and him me, we realized that we probably would not have even been friends in college. We were on two separte paths that just were not meant to intersect at that specific time.
I love that we have this story. In some ways it really has felt like God has had His hand on us that has told us, not yet, just wait, and then he pushed us together for this beautiful collison of the heart. I love that God works in the most mysterious of ways.
Weekly Music Inspiration; "Collide"--Howie Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it, too. There's nothing better than being able to look back and see how all the puzzle pieces fit.
Post a Comment