Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's Simple Is True

Hi friends, long time, no blog. I am correcting that at this very moment by sending out a little blog love on my weekly topic day.


My absence this week has had to do with illness, motivation, and lack of things to say. Really, I lacked something to say? Yep, it does occasionally happen. I do have a few things cued up and ready to go in the next few days so you are not lucky enough to get rid of me that easily.

But yes, I was sick again. With strep throat again. It was the second time in a months span. Aren’t I a lucky girl? This time I did not take the penicillin shot n the doctor’s office and therefore, did not faint. We are already on a the right track by not fainting. This strep throat was different than the last one. Swallowing was impossible, but I did not have the raging fever or tiredness that I had with the one in December.

The one really good thing about getting sick was that it forced me to take it easy. Do not get me wrong, the laundry was done, folded, and put up by Sunday, but other than that, I took it easy and avoided my husband and child all day on Saturday. Sunday was different story.

Still not feeling remotely 100% I stayed home from work on Monday. It was the first time in a very long time that I have had the house to just myself. No husband. No child. Just me in fuzzy, warm, comfy clothes, a very heavy blanket, and the opportunity to finish reading my beloved annual read, “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen. It was the second year I have read it completely on my iPhone. Did I mention that I also had my groovy, updated AND with a new playlist, iPod playing while I did such reading? It was peaceful, restful, simple, and just what the doctor SHOULD have ordered. A day unto myself with the purpose to nurture my body, my mind, and my soul was one of the best things I could have done. It was a simple day with no tangible accomplishments and you know what? I am completely okay with that.

Music Inspiration: “What’s Simple Is True”--Jewel

4 comments:

Summer Says... said...

I sure hope you are feeling better!

"Pride and Prejudice" was one of the free books on my Nook...would you believe I have not read it before? It's on my list now though.

katy said...

Strep throat is no kind of joke. I'm glad you're better and did not repeat your swooning episode.

P.S. There is absolutely nothing better than having the house to yourself.

Sara said...

Gah! So bummed you were sick again, but glad you're on the mend. Before I had kids, I wanted to be babied when I was sick. Now, it's heaven to have everyone else go away and just leave me totally alone.

Hmmm... I haven't read Pride and Prejudice either. Guess I need to get crackin'!

Danielle said...

Being sick again is not fun, but I'm glad you are getting better. Love this post - sometimes having a day off, a true day off, is the best thing you can do. I'm glad you had it, and were well enough to enjoy it.