You betcha I watched! Not only was a fantastic night for fashion, but the movie choices this year were pretty darn awesome. Surprisingly enough, I have actually seen most of the nominations this year for both comedy and drama. To be honest with you, that does not happen very often!
But alas, on to the fashion! Tons of nude, pinks, and greens on the red carpet this year. And for some reason if you were not in a light colored dress, you were in dark colored dress. There was NOTHING in between this year.
So here they are...Kristin's favorites.....
Dianna Argon is just beautiful. Perfect hair, perfect makeup, and well could she have chosen a dress that would look any better on her? I think not!
I honestly could not decide if I liked this dress or didn't. It made my list, but it was not my favorite. The color was compelling set against Lea Michele's beautiful skin tone. The train is what I just don't get though.
This was my favorite green dress of the evening worn my Mila Kunis. The color was vibrant, rich, and designed beautifully with just enough train. The one shoulder detail brings this dress together.
Oh lovely, Nicole, you never ever disappoint me. The dress is simply divine and you look like a million bucks wearing this beautiful confection. The simple broach detail on the one shoulder adds a lovely pop to your ensemble. I can not wait to see what you wear to the Oscars.
At first I did not like this dress worn by Scarlett Johanssen. But then the more I saw it, the more I loved it. It was so different from everything else on the red carpet, but in a good way. The sleeve detail is what made this dress so interesting.
And now for my favorite dress of the evening.....
It was the very first dress that I saw walk the carpet and oh my, what a way to start the evening. To me, everyone else had to live up to this dress worn my Olivia Wilde. It is classic Hollywood on a young starlet, but she made this dress THE ONE to watch. Thank you for this beautiful choice Olivia, you made my fashion heart melt.
Well, a girl has to throw in a little eye candy too! I love the tuxedo with a tie. Thanks for making my dreams come true Edward, I mean, Robert.







4 comments:
I have been waiting nearly 48 whole hours for this post!
I agree on Mila Kunis and Olivia Wilde - both were gorgeous! I hope there is more color at the Oscar's...the nude/peach/pale pinks are a little lost on me. Emma Stone's dress was perfect for her figure, but really needed to be a different color (especially while she's a blonde - it may have worked when she had red hair). In my opinion...and I'm not the stylish one in our group :-)
When I grow up, I want to be Nicole Kidman.
I love that you share your fashion knowledge with us! But come on, Team Edward? Really?
Yay Team Edward! LOL! I really thought that Angelina's dress was amazing. Everyone seemed to love Ann Hathaway's dress, but I thought the "fake" bare back of it was creepy...like an ice skater or something?
Best,
Tina
Post a Comment