You know you have them—a special note or greeting card that someone sends you that is just beautifully written. Maybe it was a pick me up on a day when you thought the world was going to end, a love note, encouragement, or just a truly heart-felt thank you. You probably have some that you have kept. But now the question is what do you do with them?
My beautiful friend, Angela, asked me this very question today. Right now, all of mine are in stacks in a room in my house, hidden away in boxes or baskets just to have them out of the way. It does not mean that I don’t think them any less sentimental, it is just I don’t know what to do with them. So I ask you, what do you do with your cards? Or if you are like me, what are you going to do with them? Do you scrapbook them, store them in a pretty box, or what? Storing these little beauties in a box just does not seem to be the proper way to pay “homage to the careful thoughts imprinted in them or the feelings they conjure up (A. Hurn).” These are keepers after all! We need some suggestions and we’ll the people who read this blog are some of the most creative that I know at organizing, problem solving and telling it how it is. Bring it on, my friends, bring it on. We both wait with baited breath.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ummm... I offer no assistance, but join you and Angela in needing a good idea. Mine are strewn about the house, tucked in drawers or stuck on shelves.
Mine are in the box with pictures from back when cameras had film...which is probably the last time I had actual photos to show for my point-n-shooting (I kid - I've printed some of my digitals, but not near as many as I've taken)
I wonder about repurposing them? If the note wasn't too personal - could you fashion notebooks similar to Lacy's CD case ones? Then the card can be reused and the note re-read when you're having one of those days. That was my first thought.
Mine are in boxes as well... and I wish I had a great idea of how to give them the honor they deserve. At the very least, they deserve a place in a pretty notebook or something. I like Summer's idea of re-purposing them somehow, so they become part of your daily life.
Mine are stored in a cute photo box, and that is probably the only place they will ever be kept.
Post a Comment