Thursday, October 28, 2010

Marry Me



This beautiful song is my current obsession.  It is simply beautiful (not the official video from the band as I could not find it).  There is one line that just stands out to me that rings loud and true.  It is part of the chorus and I share it with you.  "And marry me, today and everyday."  It is only six words but profound ones.  After last week's post, this is one of the answers that came to me--one that was there, but a reminder none of the less.   You marry your person one day, but you choose to be married every day. I think people forget that....don't forget it, it's those simple words that help you get through some tough times. 

My sister-in-law never ceases telling me that I had a choice in her brother and she did not.  And she is right.  You do not get to choose your family, but you do choose your friends.  Sean was an interesting choice to say the least.  We have never lacked for silliness in our relationship since the moment we started getting to know each other...and it has only increased over the years. I am thankful for that silliness as it has what has made our relationship what it is today.  But, you see, that is just one of the many things I love about the boy in my life and well, time just doesn't permit writing it all out.  If you have a significant someone in your life, think about what makes you work and celebrate it.  Here's a hint, it is usually the little things.

Music Inspiration:  "Marry Me"--Train

1 comment:

Summer Says... said...

I first heard this song in the background of Kelli's photo montage of Shawn and her...it's so very good. It's exactly what I pray someone will feel about me (and vice versa) someday. I'm so glad you and Sean have each other and mutually appreciate your relationship.