Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Holy Crappola Batman!

Holy Crappola Batman, where have I been?  I think this is the longest I have ever gone without blogging.  Needless to say, things have been a little nutty since I last posted 10 days ago.  So here is the brief run down:

  • Both of my grandparents were admitted and released from the hospital last week.  The are currently residing in an assisted living facility while they are undergoing physical therapy.  My grandmother broke one leg and splintered another.  My grandfather is just not doing well.  No fun, especially for my parents.  But they are working through it and that is all anyone can ask.
  • Work has been incredibly nutty.  I have been working a ton at work, then at home almost every night.  It has gotten pretty old, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It will be sometime the week of July 15th when Back To School goes live on JCPenney.com.  It has been a labor, and not necessarily one of love.  In the meantime, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but at the same time, there is SOOOO  much to do between now and then.
  • Sean was sick last week with a head cold/sinus infection.  No fun with your spouse is sick.  Elizabeth has some of it too.
  • Sean and I had a little date this past Saturday to see "Knight and Day."  It was very entertaining and funny.  It was just nice to be out and to have a dinner without cutting someone little's food up before we eat.  It was lovely and you just can't go wrong with Freebird's.
  • Swim lessons wrapped up tonight for the year.  We were going to do the next session but Elizabeth has been so bored in them, so we cancelled.  As much as work has picked up for Sean and me, it has been a blessing in disguise.  Perhaps next spring we will start again.
That should catch us all up quite nicely.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe one day I'll have time to post again. My life has been pretty nutty as well. Hang in there!

katy said...

This was a great update. I'm sorry to hear your grandparents are doing worse. That's tough on everyone involved.

I'm impressed that you already did swim lessons with Elizabeth this summer. I contemplated it with James, but just never got motivated enough to sign up. I think he'll like it, though, so we'll definitely try for next year.

Danielle said...

Thanks for the updates - especially about your grandparents. I'm so sorry to hear about what is going on.
And I agree - love Freebirds!