Thursday, June 3, 2010

16 Months

Testing out the new camera...and I think I caught her by surprise judging from how big her eyes are!

16 Months.  Wow.  So much has happened in the last month but here are the highlights of what is going on with princess Elizabeth.

  • Elizabeth has 2 more teeth coming through.  Oh joy.
  • Elizabeth is into EVERYTHING under the sun.  If the door is open, she's going to go through it, if it is on the floor, within her reach, or looks remotely interesting, her little fingers are on it. 
  • Elizabeth has become quite good at getting on the tips of her toes and can now reach the counter top with the tips of her fingers.  Now we have to be very cognizant of what we leave on the counter top.
  • So far so good on the ear tubes.
  • Elizabeth is learning her body parts.  She has head and nose down great, but we are still working on other parts.
  • Elizabeth knows when we are getting close to home and starts saying dada, dada, dada over and over.  It is so cute. 
  • Kisses.  But you need to make the mmmm sound right before it and she's on board!
  • Running, marching in place, dancing, and of course, wanting to walk EVERYWHERE is Elizabeth's current MO.
  • Drama queen moments.  On the floor.  Mom and Dad ignoring.
  • Elizabeth's latest favorite food is cucumbers--random, but so true.
  • Elizabeth knows and uses some baby sign language.  The one she uses most is "More."  Hmm...I wonder where she gets that want for more from?

1 comment:

Sara said...

"Drama queen moments. On the floor. Mom and Dad ignoring."

Ha ha ha! Ooooh, I feel your pain.

And I'm really impressed at all this - I don't think Olivia does most of these things. Go Elizabeth!!