Sean asked me a few weeks ago what I would think about him getting my birthday present early. Fine, no problem with that. Then he asked, what if he got my present for me AND gave it to me. Hmmm....seriously. My birthday is the best day of the year as you may well know. So to get it early, well, that is just a whole other subject entirely. But Sean said he would make it worth my while and that he just knew I would get great use out of it in the meantime and that I would REALLY want it. Well, it got a girl thinking: What in the world does the man want to buy me?
Needless to say, I found out when I got home today. It was packaged in a baby shower bag (yes, I apparently arrived home earlier than I should have) as it was the first bag available, but he did stuff it with tissue paper quite nicely. Needless to say, as I pulled out the case, I wondered what in the world this could possibly be and yes, to my great surprise and much happiness, inside was a handy dandy nice brand spankin' new camera. Gone are the days of the little snaparoo (like that word, I do and just made it up!) that I carry around, but here is a good camera that is going to catch all those little moments I keep missing with my little guy. There have been so many times that I have taken a picture of Elizabeth while she is doing something and the next thing I know, the camera has missed it. Now, I can just put it on the sports feature and go to town! It is already my favorite function and I have not even really played around with it yet!
It was a great and unexpected birthday gift today...and it will definitely be put to good use. I can't wait to start taking pictures with it and hopefully have some pretties to share.
A BIG THANK YOU goes out to my wonderful husband and daughter for such a lovely and extravagant gift. You know I love it and will use it well. Sean, thank you for tracking it down, researching it, and doing what you do best.
4 comments:
Oh, I am soooo jealous!! Enjoy it! (and kudos to Sean)!
Oh my goodness, how exciting! I will be looking forward to LOTS more pictures on this blog, and your FB page.
Good job, Sean! Ten billion gold stars to you. :)
I'm jealous too! I can't wait to see your photos - good job Sean!
You will love it! When I try to use a non-SLR camera now, it feels so archaic! What a fun surprise!
Post a Comment