Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Postage


I was in mailing mode yesterday.  That typicallly happens on Mondays for me.  I catch up on all the mail and what nots that have come in over the week and then mail things out to wherever in the great wide world.  Granted, I do not mail things as much as I use to with the revolutionary thing called bill pay through my lovely Wells Fargo.  For obvious reasons, I have no need to purchase stamps super often.  Needless to say, when I went and bought two books of stamps yesterday, I was little taken back by how expensive they were.  Yes, I spent $17.60 on two books of stamps.  Yowza!  When did postage become so expensive?  I know it has been creeping up, but geez.  So I thought about this, what is the lowest you can remember postage ever being?  I racked my brain, and yes, I do get that I am still a young whippersnapper in the grand scheme of things, but I came up with 24 cents.  Yep, a whole whopping 24 cents.  So far in my lifetime, postage has almost doubled!  Insane--but I still buy it because I still like to send fun little things in the mail.  You never know who's day you are going to make!

What is the lowest postage you remember?

1 comment:

katy said...

I remember $0.25 -- because once during the summer I was outside playing when the mail lady came by. I had put a letter to my penpal in the box, but forgotten a stamp. She waved me down and mentioned it, but said she'd put a stamp on it and I could repay her the next day. So I left a quarter in the box the next morning!

Don't even get me started on the price of postage, or anything having to do with the USPS.