Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day of Spring....Or Was It?

Saturday night, I went to bed with a few snow flurries falling from the sky.  They pretty much melted as they hit any surface.  No big deal, right?  Who would have thought that in Texas, we would have snow so late in the year?  Freaky ice storm, yep, been there, done that, but snow, really?  Needless to say, I was a little surprised to find this when I work up the next morning....
Yep, it ended up being right around 5-6 inches of the white stuff.  We had some crazy winds with it as well.  It was enough to not want to leave the house at all, so we did not!  It was pretty much gone by about 5:00 though.  Crazy how quickly it came and how quickly it left.

I hope you had a great first few days of Spring!

2 comments:

katy said...

I blame global warming.

Sara said...

Yep. Definitely global warming.

And I'm jealous! All we got was cold wind!